The Undead treasure these dull green flasks.
Fill with Estus at Bonfire. Fills HP.
The Estus Flasks are linked to the Fire Keepers. The Dark Tales also make reference:
- An emerald flask, from the Keeper's soul
- She lives to protect the flame,
- And dies to protect it further
bonfires for HP recovery in the field.
- Resting at a bonfire will recover the number of times you can drink from the flask, up to the limit of that particular fire.
- The starting number of "swigs" you recover from any normal bonfire is five.
- Using the "Kindle" command at a fire, and thus spending one Humanity point, will increase the amount to 10 for that particular fire.
- The Bonfires with a Fire Keeper present is kindled by default, providing 10 flasks.
- After acquiring the Rite of Kindling the bonfires can be kindled again for a total of 15 "swigs", and a third time for a maximum amount of 20.
- Resting while having more charges left in your bottle than a particular fire can provide will not reduce the current amount.
- Drinking from the flask will also heal summoned co-op players. This does not apply to summoned NPCs.
- Other online players Kindling their bonfires in the same area can cause an orange "soul" to be absorbed, granting you an extra estus flask.
- If you have 20 full charges in your bottle already, the number of charges will not increase further.
Fire Keeper Soul, up to +7, to replenish more HP with each charge.
- To upgrade it, give a Fire Keeper Soul to Anastacia of Astora, the mute girl in the cell below the Firelink Shrine bonfire. There's also a Fire Keeper in Anor Londo, and one in Quelaag's Domain.